Tuesday 2 November 2010

The.MCM.Expo... !!! Review :)

Okay so let me start by saying this...
IT WAS ABSOLUTELY FREAKING AMAZING!!!!!!

...Feel much better now :cool:
So the convention was great, and I'm determined to go again next october. I've decided to cosplay Agito from Air Gear next time, so I can skate everywhere :) Plus a mate of mine already attends as Ikki so it makes sense.
This time however I went as a Soul Reaper from Bleach, which was fun, but there was an awful lot of Soul Reapers about the place. Bleach is too popular. So if you go to a convention like this, I suggest going as a cosplay from something less popular, it sparks peoples interest a lot more :angel:

The hotel I stopped in was the Premier Inn, which was good accommodation, but me and my mates were never really there except for nighttime. Next time I think I'm going to get something cheaper and less luxury, because you only need the room to sleep and shower, I though I'd be spending more time there, but even after the hours of closing the expo, people still linger about and have a good laugh. I spent most of my day, Friday, Saturday and Sunday there, from like 6am until 8/9pm, and it was totally worth it!
I brought like 20ish new anime's, some box sets and some films.

Heres what I got:
Complete Series -
Ouran High School Host Club
Otogi Zoshi
Tokyo Underground
Jyu-Oh-Sei
Devil May Cry
Heat Guy J

Films:
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Origin: Spirits Of The Past
The Sky Crawlers
Naruto Movie: Guardians Of The Crescent Moon Kingdom
Blood: The Last Vampire (Anime)
Ghost In The Shell 2.0
Ghost In The Shell Innocence

Volumes:
MAR: Marchen Awakens Romance (1 to 4)
Noein (1 to 3)
Astro Boy: Volume 1 (Free)

I also brought Volumes 1 & 2 FMA Manga, and I got the Avatar: Activist Survival Guide free.

I met some pretty awesome actors, I met Colin Ferguson who plays Jack Carter in A Town Called Eureka, I also met Jordan Hinston whom plays his daughter Zoe Carter.
I also met Chris Gauthier, who's acted in many things! Including: A Town Called Eureka, Sanctuary, Smallville, Supernatural, Watchmen, Stargate, Freddy vs Jason, Dark Angel, 40 Days & 40 Nights, Insomnia, Agent Cody Banks, Scooby Doo 2, Dead Like Me  and Need For Speed Carbon!
As well as these I met three people from 'Haven'. The main character: Lucas Bryant who plays Nathan Wuornos, and the two directors of the show.

There was loads of people doing dances and games, and lots of skilled people showing off their talents too. I video'd tones of this stuff, so take a look. Click on my Youtube link at the bottom of this post =]

All in all I can't really think what else to write about right now, there's so much that went off, it was really epic. Please ask me questions or something, I'd be happy to answer as best I can :)

Visit my Youtube account for videos: Tony2une
Visit my Photobucket account for Pictures: Photobucket

4 comments:

Rachel Green said...

Glad you had a good time. No wonder you ran out of money!

DK said...

wow, fantastic! SO glad you enjoyed yourself :-) xxx

BT said...

It sounds as though you had an amazing time Tony. What exactly IS MCM.Expo????

Tony089 said...

Lol Gran :D Thanks mum & Rachel, The MCM is basically London's version of Comic con, It's a huge convention where everybody dresses up in cosplay/costumes and laughs at each other whilst spending ridiculous amounts of money and having fun. It's Great! I want to go again next year! ~laughs~ Here's a link to the site: http://www.londonexpo.com/
xxx

Also have a look at my pictures and videos, My pictures are up on Facebook and my videos are here: www.YouTube.com/Tony2une =)